Tuition & Financial Assistance

GW gate on campus


Current tuition for all Health Science graduate programs can be found at the GW Student Accounts Office's Graduate Tuition webpage. Click on the School of Medicine & Health Sciences PDF link. Tuition rates are subject to change without notice.

Financial Assistance

Prospective students should familiarize themselves with the various financial assistance options that may be available to GW students by reviewing the information listed on the Financial Assistance website.

Federal and state regulations limit federal aid to US citizens or permanent residents. The University requires international students applying for admission to present evidence of sufficient funds to cover all tuition, fees, books and living expenses for their course of study in the program.

Eligible students who wish to apply for federal loans, must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online for the academic year and list GW’s School Code 001444. In addition to the FAFSA, the GW Graduate Loan Questionnaire form is required for federal and private loans.

Please note, the Health Sciences Admissions Office must have your social security number (SSN) on file before financial aid can be processed. Please visit the GW Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) for information on How to Apply for Financial Aid. Please be advised, students who receive financial assistance must adhere to the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements (see Financial Aid Policies and Disclosures below). For more information, please contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) at

Students completing a Graduate Certificate are not eligible for financial aid.

Policies and Disclosures Related to Financial Aid

Please visit the GW Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) and the GW Student Accounts Office to review a comprehensive list of important policies related to financial aid that you will need to familiarize yourself with, including the following items:

Military Educational Benefits

GW’s Office of Military and Veteran Student Services processes applications for entitlement payments under the various classes of veterans’ educational benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If you are planning to use the G.I. Bill®, please consult the Admitted Veteran, Military Personnel, and Dependent Student Checklist. GW Certifying Official(s) and information about military benefits can be found at the Office of Military and Veteran Student Services website.